Noah Goodman is Assistant Professor of Cognitive Psychology and Assistant Professor (by courtesy) of Linguistics and Computer Science at Stanford University. He currently directs the Computation & Cognition Lab (CoCoLab) at Stanford.
His research focuses on :
- Computational models of cognition, integrating logic and probability.
- Concepts, categorization, and intuitive theories.
- Causal learning and reasoning.
- Social cognition: reasoning about others' goals, beliefs, and actions.
- Cognitive development, especially the acquisition of abstract knowledge.
- Natural language semantics and pragmatics.
- Probabilistic programming languages.